GCI is looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer in its office at Kansas City (Work from home is also an option). This position at GCI is great for creative, curious, solution-minded people to be part of our New Product Development Team. We are customer centric and are developing new innovative products for the concrete pipe industry that require enthusiastic and dedicated teammates to help us realize our strategic initiatives. As a member of GCI’s mechanical engineering design team you have the opportunity to be on the ground level of a wide range of product development activities; from design and development, to working with a cross-functional team in order to drive an idea from concept to production. This role will work collaboratively within the U.S. and globally to drive localization projects for international designs, provide concrete pipe, box and manhole engineering expertise. Ideally, you will have a mechanical engineering background, with hands-on manufacturing plant experience, and a successful track record of supporting product development from the development phase through to manufacturing. This position will act as an interface between the engineering facilities in India and the local operational team to ensure successful designs for the US market. If you are interested in being considered for current or future Mechanical Engineer opportunities, please submit your application.
- Collaborates with a team of design engineers in India, who will be working on projects related to developing designs for concrete pipe production equipment
- Able to sketch, translate, communicate and develop products for dry-cast and wet-cast production equipment
- Provide conceptual and detailed designs via renderings, 3D models, mechanical drawings. Us
- Demonstrate and deploy an advanced level of technical knowledge and subject matter expertise within their discipline domain to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies
- Designs, develops and analyses mechanical structures, systems & equipment
- Ensures all assigned product drawings are complete, sufficient, and manufacturable.
- Manage and coordinate multiple Development projects
- Work simultaneously with our development team to create solid models, assemblies and mechanical design layouts for production plants.
- During the course of product redesign projects, establishes, updates and maintain product specifications, including all meaningful details pertinent to product manufacturability requirements, regulatory considerations, and marketing/sales considerations.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience in a high volume production, product development environment for the concrete pipe industry.
- Hands on experience with concrete pipe, box and manhole equipment assembly (theory, design, and manufacturing)
- Working knowledge of CAD design and simulation tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to move design changes from concept to shop floor.
- Knowledge of the concrete products market in the United States
- Experience writing and editing requirement documents, design documents, test plans, installation manuals, and work instruction
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project
- Ability to work independently.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Design for manufacturing (DFM) and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Willing to travel domestic as well as international (approx. 10%)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written.
We appreciate your interest in GCI. GCI is an equal employment opportunity employer. GCI’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. GCI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. GCI will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. GCI also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Dedicated Customer Teams & An Agile Services
Our worldwide presence ensures the timeliness, cost efficiency and compliance adherence required to ensure your production timelines are met.Download 2020 Brochure