GCI’s Modular Box culvert can produce a wide range of sizes using rigid and robust steel panels for production of dimensionally accurate box products. This versatile product consists of four corner pieces of the core, jacket, pallet, and header to form the smallest desired size. The size can be adjusted by attaching extension panels in between the corner pieces to independently increase the rise and span. In addition, the wall thickness of the box can be altered through the pallet design. In case of a dry cast process, external vibrators are used for uniform concrete compaction throughout the box and a vertical press head system to eliminate the use of dead weights. Our wet cast box design utilizes a collapsible core mechanism to facilitate easy stripping of the product from the form and enhances repeatability.
- Expandable in size from 4’ x 2’ to 8’ x 8’
- Expandable in size from 6’ x 3’ to 12’ x 12’
- Expandable in wall thickness from 4” to 12”
- Each wall can be varied independently
- No limit on span rise dimensions
- Joint Details:
- Tongue and Groove (Water-tight)
- Rubber Gasket (Single offset)
- OSHA approved service platforms
- Box Culverts
- Short span bridges
- Storm Drains
- Three Sided Culverts
- Dry Cast
- Wet Cast
- Hydraulic press head system.
- Mechanised variable speed of concrete feeding system.
- Central operator control console.
- Central vibrator with a hydraulic clamping system.
- Hydraulic press heads
- Pneumatic/ hydraulic latches
- Hydraulic strip-assist for larger boxes
- Variable frequency drive for efficient operation of vibrators
- Egg lay system
- Spring design to achieve “noiseless” operation