GCI is looking for a Senior sales engineer for our iron castings division in Bangalore to grow our business and increase our domestic market share. GCI also exports machined castings to different countries. We expect our sales engineer to speak and sell to potential customers outside India. We expect our candidates to be fluent in oral and written communication in English. The sales engineer is expected to meet sales targets set by the management. In addition to your base salary, your sales commission depends on – years of experience, track record and level of sophistication that is brought to the table. The sales engineer can be located anywhere in India (not necessarily Bangalore) but is expected to deliver regular reports to the concerned manager.
Job Duties and Responsibility
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Any educational qualification higher is recommended.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in Sales.
- MUST be fluent in speaking, reading, writing and communicating in English.
- Must understand the technology involved in manufacturing of iron castings, quality standards, production process and capacities of all our products.
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Must be able to use Microsoft office suit.
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirements analysis
Dedicated Customer Teams & An Agile Services
Our worldwide presence ensures the timeliness, cost efficiency and compliance adherence required to ensure your production timelines are met.Download 2020 Brochure